ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement
ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement – Lead Manager
Fee: NGN 350,000.00 Per Participant (Includes work manual, tea break / lunch, exam and certification)
Why should you attend?
The ISO 20400 Lead Manager training course helps develop the necessary abilities to support an organization in integrating the sustainable procurement guidelines of ISO 20400. It also provides information regarding the prioritization of sustainability issues and the planning and integration of sustainability within procurement processes and practices and throughout the supply chain by applying widely recognized sustainable procurement principles, procedures, and techniques.
After mastering the necessary concepts of sustainable procurement, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Lead Sustainable Procurement Manager” credential. By holding such a credential, you will be able to demonstrate that you possess the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead sustainable procurement projects based on best practices.
Who should attend?
• Procurement directors, managers, officers
• Procurement strategy consultants
• Top management members who seek guidance on how sustainable considerations should be integrated at a strategic level
• Individuals responsible for the procurement of goods and services
• Individuals interested in sustainable development Learning objectives
• Understand the guidelines of sustainable procurement based on ISO 20400
• Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 20400 and other sustainability-related standards, such as ISO 26000 and ISO 14001
• Learn how to interpret the ISO 20400 guidelines in the specific context of an organization
• Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, integrate, manage, monitor, and review sustainable procurement practices
• Acquire the competences necessary to advise an organization with regard to sustainable procurement based on best practices
• This training course is based on theory and best practices used in sustainable procurement
• Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples
• The participants are encouraged to communicate and engage in discussions, quizzes, and exercises
• The structure of the exercise questions are similar to the certification exam questions
• Day 1: Introduction to ISO 20400 and key considerations
• Day 2: Organizing and integrating sustainable procurement
• Day 3: Planning and integrating sustainability into the procurement process
• Day 4: Contract management and continual improvement
• Day 5: Certification exam
Click HERE to more information and Click HERE For Registration Details
Customized Sustainable Procurement -Non Certified
Sustainable Procurement is the adoption and integration of sustainability principles into your procurement processes and decisions while also ensuring, they meet the requirements of your company and its stakeholders.
Sustainable Procurement integrates requirements, specifications and criteria that are compatible with the protection of the environment and the society. It is not simply about not using child labor or illegal chemicals that can damage the environment and peoples’ health.
Commitment in sustainable procurement ensures values which are core to the business are integrated through a company’s supply chain into the life cycle of the company’s products and services. Best practice would be to future proof your company’s sustainable procurement and investments with sustainable policies in order to increase the viability for the long term.
Integrating Sustainability into the Procurement Process:
Sustainable procurement conceptually comprises three dimensions, sometimes referred to as the triple bottom line: social, environmental and economic sustainability. Implementing sustainable procurement involves balancing the different and sometimes competing priorities that occur across these three dimensions.Thus, during a procurement, certain aspects of sustainability may be prioritized over others, depending on the inherent nature of the goods/services, relevant sustainability impacts and supply market conditions.
Why is Sustainable Procurement Important for you?
- 15-30% measurable brand value increase: Sustainable procurement practices result in brand equity (Source: World economic forum: Beyond Sustainable procurement)
- 90% have lower cost of capital: 90% of studies on the cost of capital show that sound sustainability standards lower the cost of capital of companies (Source: Oxford/arabesque)
- 9-16% Sustainable procurement cost reduction: Sustainable procurement practices can reduce costs linked to Sustainable procurement by 9-16% (Source: World economic forum: Beyond Sustainable procurement)
Benefits of Sustainable Procurement:
- Minimizes risk in a company’s business practices
- Compliance with environmental and social legislations
- Enhance consumer perception
- Control costs by adopting a wider approach to whole life costing
- Creates markets for new products and services
- Reduce waste and improve resource efficiency
- Competitive advantage
- Facilitate access to capital and increase valuation
Click HERE to more information and Registration Details